Its been a long week and its only Tuesday.Yikes!!!! I found out that I was training another class starting next week.I LOVE doing these this classes. I love what i do and I believe ( and I've been told) that it shows when I am in front of a class.
Whats fustrating though is sometimes I am paired with other instructors who don't share the same passion and enthusiam that I have for training. Their attitude is very is uncaring and unempathetic. Some of them are instructors because they don't want to work in the field ( I can't say I blame them). However our quality assessments don't measure passion and entthusiam they measure delivery and professionalism. To be truthful several of them make watching paint dry more exciting.
How do you develop passion and enthusiam if its not there?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great question! I am not sure if you can really, passion and excitment can't be forced. I am also very passionate about what i teach and my semester student evaluations show this! An evalutation can be made to address this issue and I think that would be helpful if they were scored on their delivery and interest in what they are doing. After all, if they are interested in training those that are going into the field, how can they expect the newbies to be excited either?
ReplyDeleteI would say spike there coffee with some red bull or 5 hour energy.... that may help a bit.
I agree with Karen...a love for teaching can not be taught. I have been told by my administrators that it is inate...it's something inside somebody and all you need is two minutes to see if the person has it or not. After observing fellow instructors, I sometimes ask myself "Why are they doing this?" It's usually quite apparent when someone doesn't have that instinctual love for what they're doing...
ReplyDeleteI think it's imperative for instructors to be assessed on their delivery method..because as Karen pointed out, how can we expect students to be excited and passionate about learning, if we aren't...