Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Me, ISD, and bellydancing.

Greetings All,

As I get closer to graduation (next may if all goes well) I ask myself that very same question who am I and what am I doing here. I didn't decide what I wanted to be when I grow until I became an instructor at TSA ( which have been doing for the past 5 of eight yrs Ive been employed with them. I find imparting knowledge exciting and very stimulating. I love helping people learn and very happy when they grasp the concepts and you see on their faces that it finally sunk in. I became interested in ISD after I created a powerpoint for TSA describing how to use a piece of new equipment that was purchased. the powerpoint was very basice and non descript. So I thought if I can do this with what little I know about ISD imagine what I can create and design if I really knew what I was doing. So I enrolled in the MA program in Jan 2009 and have been hooked every since.

What does this have to do with bellydancing you ask? Well, I'll tell you. Belly dancing not only keeps me in shape but it help alleviate the pressures of school, work and sometimes home. (remember my youngest just turned 18, if thats not pressure I don't know what is!!) It also helps me to maintain focus and keeps me grounded. In the past weeks I haven't done it as much as I would like, I'm still trying to find a balance this summer since I'm enrolled in classes. But I will. All work and no play makes Vanessa a dull girl..

Joy and prosperity.

2 comments:

  1. You and I have some traits alike Vanessa. 'The look on their faces when it finally sinks in', 'imparting knowledge' and 'helping people learn' are all traits I too enjoy. I get excited when I learn something new and even more excited when I share it with others!

    I've tried bellydancing. It was fun; I took it for a short time on campus as one of the exercise classes at the RAC. It was work, but it was fun. I hope you get some time to play :)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa! I think I would get thrown out of a bellydancing studio! but I do love yoga, for all the same reasons: staying in shape, keeping everything on balancee, and carving out me-time :-) Keep up all the good work (both at work and in teh dancing studio!)

    ReplyDelete